Check out this weeks top 20 here!
1. BC High: The Eagles handled #8 Xaverian with ease this past week as they remain the top ranked team in the state. They are getting solid play from all three Kramer brothers resulting in a deadly first line and powerplay. They play #9 St. Johns Prep in their next game.
2. Austin Prep: The cougars remain at number two as they continue their impressive run. This past week they beat both Central Catholic and Bishop Fenwick. They play #3 Archbishop Williams in their next game, which will have massive Super 8 implications.
3. Archbishop Williams: The Bishops remain undefeated and this past week outscored their opponents by a score of 17 to 1 with wins over Matignon and St. Johns (S). Their biggest test so far is their next game against #2 Austin Prep.
4. St. Marys Lynn: The Spartans only loss so far is to #2 Austin Prep. This past week they beat Arlington Catholic and previously ranked Newburyport. Their toughest games still remain ahead of them, but with a few more big wins, they have a good shot at the Super 8.
5. Pope Francis: The Cardinals are as expected this year, a very good team. There have been ups and downs so far on the year as they have yet to win any of their big contests at this point on the schedule. A 6 to 1 win over Bishop Hendricken may spark the Cardinals season going forward.
6. Catholic Memorial: The Knights are flying up the rankings as they are on fire as of late. They have four wins in a row and the last was over #8 Xaverian. Their next game is against Malden Catholic as they try to prepare for a matchup with #1 BC High.
7. Winchester: Still with only one loss on the year, the Sachems are on a roll coming off of a 4 to 0 win against #18. An impressive start for Winchester has the state on notice as they can stir up some conversation in the Super 8.
8. Xaverian: A loss to #1 BC High was expected and the Hawks had a strong push late trying to tie the game up. The loss to #6 Catholic Memorial was a tough loss for the Hawks, but they now face off against St. Johns (S) in a game that can get them back on track.
9. St. Johns Prep: A tie to #1 BC High had the Eagles high up in last weeks rankings, but a minor setback in a loss to #18 Reading has them at #9 this week. A big win over Malden Catholic has them back in the win column.
10. Melrose: An extremely impressive start so far for Melrose as they sit undefeated seven games into the season. They have battled in close games with #13 Arlington, and Stoneham. They play #20 Chelmsford on January 9th in what will be a big game for both teams.
11. Framingham: Mike Tersoni has been electric for the Flyers so far as Framingham has battled with some tough opponents to start the year. Their biggest test is yet to come as they play #5 Pope Francis on Tuesday.
12. Falmouth: After a surprising lost to Westford Academy, the Clippers beat BR and Dennis-Yarmouth, both in convincing fashion. They play Sandwich on Wednesday, who is also off to a strong start.
13. Arlington: The sting of the loss to #1 BC High is far gone after Arlington has beaten #18 Reading and tied #5 Pope Francis. There is still a lot of work to do for Arlington as they play #7 Winchester on Saturday.
14. Marshfield: The Rams are further down in the rankings than they would like, but they are coming off of an impressive win over Sandwich. They play Nauset next, then square off against #12 Falmouth, which will give the Rams another great opportunity to climb in the rankings.
15. Hingham: The Harbormen are falling in the rankings coming off a loss to Andover. This week featured a win over #14 Marshfield, which helps them stay in the rankings. The talent is definitely there as they were ranked #2 not too long ago. They play #16 Duxbury next.
16. Duxbury: After losing their opener to Hanover, the Dragons have won six games straight including an Island Creek Oyster Cup championship. The Dragons are hot, but face one of their first true contests today with a game against #15 Hingham.
17. Barnstable: The Red Raiders won their first OCL matchup against BR in convincing fashion. They play #3 Archbishop Williams on Saturday, which can catapult Barnstable even higher in the rankings.
18. Reading: New to the rankings are the Reading Rockets. Not too far removed from the Super 8 are the Rockets. They packed their home rink for a game against #9 St. Johns Prep. The atmosphere felt like playoff action, and the Rockets prevailed in a one goal game. The thrill of victory did not last long as they followed that win up with a loss to #7 Winchester.
19. Needham: Needham bounced back from a loss to #6 Catholic Memorial with an 8 to 0 win over Milton. With a record of 6 wins 3 losses, the Rockets look to continue their success against Waltham in their next game.
20. Chelmsford: The Lions have only one loss on the year and are coming off of a tie to Central Catholic. They are new to the rankings and if they want to stay, they need a very good performance against #10 Melrose in their next game.
Best of the rest: Mansfield, Braintree, Newburyport, Billerica, Andover.